Monday, June 25, 2007

Christian Lingo

Why do some people use Christian Lingo? I don't understand it, it's not like use say computer lingo with someone who's computer illiterate. So again, why do we use computer lingo with either non-Christians or just regular followers of Jesus. Recently I've been asking a lot of questions. I believe that people should not just know what they believe but why. The answer I get to a lot of these questions is the church answer with church lingo. The problem comes when I ask what that lingo means...you guessed it they don't know. So how can you possibly know what you are talking about when you use words that you don't understand? Well you can't and I think that you shouldn't. So the problem becomes how do we change this alarming trend? It also seems to me that this alarming trend also leads to heavy legalism issues. I'm not sure why except that it's easier to seem strong by being controlling than to let others see your flaws and let others do the same as you see a perfect God. Now what? I try my best to not seem like I'm smarter than others, because I'm probably not, or that I'm more holy than anyone, because I'm just a sinner trying to return to my savior. Because of this I surround myself with people that do neither of these things. So in my maybe frivolous attempt to help this I'm going to push. I'm going to stop caring what people think and more on what God thinks. When I hear Christian Lingo crap with no real backing I'm gonna call people on it. I've already made one person mad because I called them on their lies and I'm not here to just make friends but instead to lead people to Christ and help them grow.For this reason I plan to call people on what they say and use the word 'why' a whole lot. So as I sign off I begin the process of toughening my skin and getting ready for the fight that may come. I ask for your prayers as I pray for the answers that I desperately need. God help me to know what to say, when to say it, and when to push. Thank you Jesus for the chance to serve you. God Rocks, Jtw

No comments: